Tuesday 4 January 2011

Feedback on Searcher


We asked users for feedback on using Searcher to search across multiple databases all in one go. Fiona - a 4th year Marketing student sent us the following:-

"I'm a final year Marketing student in Aungier Street and I'd just like to give you some VERY positive feedback on your new subscription to Searcher the cross-resource searching tool. We have a 20,000 word dissertation to write and I cannot tell you how long I have spent clicking in and out of databases searching for articles. But now thankfully Searcher has answered my prayers and has significantly lowered the time I am spending searching for articles and has also revealed databases that are helpful to me that I was not previously aware of! So thank you very very much for this new aid, it's made this year a little easier!"

Give it a try and let us know how you get on. Business, Law and Media students can search across Academic Source Premier, Business Source Premier, Communications and Mass Media Complete, Social Sciences Index, Hospitality and Tourism Complete, Science Direct, Lexis and Sage Criminology. Access HERE or from the Searcher link on the main library web page.